Terms & Conditions
MOREGOLF GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The membership and/or membership card is not transferable to any other person/s under any circumstances.
- Membership fees are charged monthly in advance and will be deducted using your chosen payment method on or about the last working day of each month.
- Payment must be made via debit order or upfront payment, we are unable to process monthly Electronic Fund Transfers (EFT’s) / Bank Deposits.
- Please note that your statement reference for your debit order will reflect as MOREGOLF
- I/We agree that although this Authority and Mandate may be cancelled by me/us, such cancellation will not cancel the Agreement. I/We shall not be entitled to any refund of amounts which you have withdrawn while this Authority was in force, if such amounts were legally owing to you.
- I/We acknowledge that this Authority may be ceded or assigned to a third party if the Agreement is also ceded or assigned to that third party, but in the absence of such assignment of the Agreement, this Authority and Mandate cannot be assigned to any third party.
- January payments will be deducted on or about the 18th of December.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time giving 30 days written notice.
- MoreGolf reserves the right to withdraw any product at any time giving 30 days written notice.
- In the event of an unpaid account a mid-month debit order will be processed on or about the 18th of the following month.
- Where an upfront payment has been made for an annual period, the monthly payments will be deducted from the credit balance.
- When the above upfront balance reaches zero, the membership will be cancelled, unless renewed explicitly by the member.
- In the event that an attempt to deduct the monthly payment fails, the full outstanding balance will become due and payable. Should I fail to make the payment I will become liable to pay all costs in connection with the collection of any amounts that are owed by me. These costs may include, but are not limited to, any legal costs, collection commission, miscellaneous costs incurred in the collection process.
- All notices and processes, may be validly served to the member’s residential address, which is hereby selected as the member’s domicillum citandi executandi. This address is as stated in the Membership Agreement.
- In the event of one or more of these terms, conditions, rules and regulations being unenforceable they will be regarded as removed – the remaining clauses are still deemed valid.
- Refunds of incorrect debit orders or related fees will only be processed for a maximum period of 3 months. Please contact the finance department of the related company should you have any queries about your payments.
- MoreGolf is authorised to store the member’s personal information.
- MoreGolf reserves the right to send the member operational messaging by whatever channel is deemed appropriate. Operational messaging relates specifically to feature/functionality of your membership.
- Where the member has agreed, MoreGolf reserves the right to contact the member with marketing related offers from time to time. The member may elect to unsubscribe from these communications at any point.
- All members with unpaid accounts will be suspended from all member privileges. These will be reinstated once all arrears have been settled.
- I and/or my estate hereby indemnify The Company against any claim by myself or any person arising directly or indirectly from my death, injury, loss, or damage suffered by me or any person as a result of my use of the facilities or services, whether it be allegedly caused or contributed to by an act or omission by The Company, its directors, employees, contractors, consultants and agents.
- I hereby consent that the Company may carry out a credit enquiry and may provide details to a Credit Bureau of how I have performed in meeting my obligations in terms of this agreement, and in the event that I fail to meet my obligations, may record my non-performance with the applicable Credit Bureau. I agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement.
- As a Multiply member, should I cancel/default on my current membership with Multiply, the monthly discount applicable to any MoreGolf product or membership shall cease to exist and I will be put onto the standard monthly fee. Reinstatement of my Multiply discount will apply when MoreGolf receives a letter from Multiply stating that I have reinstated my membership with Multiply on a full membership basis
FEES, SUSPENSIONS AND RESIGNATIONS
- The Company does not want you to feel bound by a contract. Therefore, your membership may be suspended for a nominal monthly fee or cancelled, provided it is done in writing, giving 1 calendar month’s notice (i.e. from the 1st of the month). Notice of suspension or cancellation must be submitted through the Contact Us form on the relevant website
- No re-activation fee is charged on suspended contracts. If the membership is to be activated during a month, a pro-rata fee for the remainder of the month will be applicable, alternatively the membership can be activated for the 1st of the following month.
- To keep your HNA card active through PMG, you must have an active membership with playmoregolf (ie – no suspension product can be used for handicapping purposes)
- If the main product(s) is/are suspended, any handicap membership will be cancelled. Should the handicap membership be activated again, a new card fee will be charged for the HNA card.
- A joining fee will be applicable where the member has cancelled and later re-joins
- The 30 Day money back guarantee will be honoured subject to any free rounds booked or usage of the Leisure Parks during the period being charged for. This, having the effect of reducing the refund by the cost of the rounds booked. If a member has exceeded his/her joining fee and monthly fee in playing costs or daily fees for visits to the Leisure Parks, they will be liable for the outstanding amount. The member agrees that this may be deducted using the banking details associated with the membership.
- A member will be subject to an annual increase in membership fees of the Membership Agreement, irrespective of any suspensions having taken place on the Membership Agreement. MoreGolf reserves the right to implement discretionary fee changes at any time.
- Different suspension fees apply to the different main products from which the member is being suspended.
- In the event that my personal details change, I undertake to update the information at the guest services desk at the facility reception (for range memberships) or by calling the call centre on 0861 752 966 or submitting a request through the Contact Us form on the relevant website.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PRACTICE FACILITIES
- I will be entitled to utilise and access the golf practice facilities of the Company in accordance with my Membership Type from the start date, subject to the payment of the appropriate membership fees and approval of this agreement. The Company may at any time withdraw all or part of its facilities for any period in connection with the repair, alteration or refurbishment of the facilities or for any reasons beyond the control of the Company.
- The World of Golf membership will entitle me to use The World of Golf as well as any of the Golf Villages nationwide.
- The Company reserves the right to cancel this agreement should I breach any of the terms and conditions of this agreement including the Rules and Regulations that are currently in force. I confirm that I have familiarised myself with the Rules and Regulations of The Company.
- If the facility ceases to operate for whatever reason and access is no longer possible, then my membership shall be terminated and I shall have no claim against the Company, save for a refund of a pro-rata amount of pre-paid membership fees, if any.
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS (playmoregolf)
- As from 1 October 2010 no person may cancel their golf club membership (regardless of member class) to take up playmoregolf membership immediately. If they have resigned after 1 October 2010 they may not have been a golf club member (regardless of member class) within the last two years if they wish to take up playmoregolf membership. Failure to abide by this rule or to declare any previous memberships contrary to this rule will result in the cancellation of the membership.
- A member may upgrade / downgrade their membership as often as they like. The change will only take effect from the next billing period provided it is received prior to the 24th of a month due to debit order cut off date.
- A member upgrading from PMG Lite to any other membership within their first year is subject to an upgrade fee equal to the difference between their original joining fee and the prevailing joining fee for a PMG4 membership. There is no refund when downgrading to PMG Lite.
- Membership is only available to people 16 years of age or older.
- Booking closing times are indicated on the booking search results online and vary from course to course. Cancellations close 24 hours prior to the booking sheet closing time.
- Event golf bookings close 56 hours prior to the day of play and are marked by a Star on the tee sheet. i.e. if you wish to play in a Sunday Event you must make your booking by 4PM Thursday before the Sunday. Cancellations close 24 hours earlier, that is 4PM on Wednesday.
- Payment for bookings can only be processed via a Credit Card or with Birdie Points, which can be purchased from any of The Pro Shop Superstores.
- Once the booking is complete, an E-Ticket will be e-mailed to you. This must be printed and taken to the golf course as confirmation of the booking and payment. If you do not receive an E-Ticket within a few minutes of booking, or do not have access to e-mail please contact the call centre (0861 752 966) for your e-ticket.
- playmoregolf and / or its members cannot change or cancel any booking made and paid for within 48 hours prior to the Tee-Sheet being closed, unless the course is closed prior to tee off. (e.g. waterlogged)
- Rounds are subject to availability. playmoregolf is predominantly a 6 day program offering tee-times Sunday – Friday. As Saturdays are generally reserved for full club members we can supply only a limited amount of Saturday times and as such playmoregolf cannot assure availability on this day. If playing on Saturdays and specifically Saturday mornings is your preference you are encouraged to look into a full golf club membership.
- Courses and pricing are subject to change.
- All aspects of the Birdie Points (virtual currency) program are subject to change. This includes, but is not limited to, the exchange rate and redemption options.
- Birdie Points are only valid for 12 months and are utilised on a first in, first out principle.
- Birdie Points are only earned when a membership card is swiped or the correct cellphone number linked to the membership is given at the time of purchase / access.
- Birdie Points earned through The Pro Shop purchases are subject to being deducted, owing to the 30 day money back guarantee offered by The Pro Shop.
- Birdie points are only earned through cash and credit card transactions.
- Payment must be made at the point of sale at the time of purchase.
- Birdie points cannot be earned on line items or entire transactions were any discount has been given.
- Purchases made with cheque or credit card must be made from your personal bank account e.g. the card must be in your name. Company accounts / insurance claims do not qualify.
- Trade and / or Account purchases do not qualify to earn Birdie points.
- Birdie points can be bought.
- Birdie points cannot be earned on the full purchase price where a trade-in or a gift card has been used. Birdie points will be issued on the difference between the trade-in / gift card value and the purchase price.
- In the event that my bank details and/or personal details change, I undertake to update the information by submitting a request through the Contact Us form on the website.
- Members are required to conform to the rules and regulations of any golf course they visit. Breach of local course rules and etiquette may result in the cancellation of the membership. Where such as cancellation is enforced, no refunds will be paid to the member.
- While every effort is made to fulfil golf rounds as booked, from time to time and for reasons beyond playmoregolf’s control it may be necessary to cancel a booking and refund the payment made, playmoregolf will endeavour to make an alternative arrangement but makes no guarantee and will not be held liable for any loss or inconvenience caused.
- Any misuse of the booking / loyalty system including but not limited to: fraudulent bookings or retail transactions will result in membership termination. No refunds will be made to the member under these circumstances.
- Golf bookings made through the playmoregolf call centre (via phone, email or live chat) will carry a R20 (100 Birdie points) booking fee per fourball or part thereof.
- There is no fee for booking changes, if the changes are still outside of the cancellations timeframe.
- This membership is only available to South African citizens or those in possession of a permanent or temporary residents permit or a valid work or student visa.
- Members may only play one round of golf per day through playmoregolf.
- At the end of each month any unused free rounds, that are bundled as part of a monthly membership, will be expired.
- Free rounds are not transferrable.
- In the event a player cannot making a booking, that player must be cancelled and a new player booked, only the named player on the tee sheet shall be eligible to play.
- In the event that a person(s) is found to misuse a membership(s) and / or free rounds that membership(s) will be terminated and criminal and / or civil charges will be brought against the offending person(s).
- Where misuse of the membership has occurred MoreGolf (Pty) Ltd. reserves the right to collect any outstanding fees owing for the booked and played rounds. These fees will be charged at playmoregolf guest rates.
- Should free rounds for a future month be utilised and the membership is then de-activated for whatever reason (cancellation, arrears etc) the member / customer will be liable for payment of those rounds played at the playmoregolf guest rates.
- A member of playmoregolf cannot use their membership to buy rounds and then ‘on-sell’ these rounds in order to make a profit. If you are found to be infringing this rule, your membership will immediately be cancelled.
- playmoregolf Vouchers – All vouchers allocated to a playmoregolf member, for any reason whatsoever, can only be used while the voucher has not expired, if the membership it has been allocated to is active (not suspended), paid up and able to make a booking.
- If you cancel your membership while golf courses are still closed because of Covid-19 Lockdown regulations you will get lastminutegolf vouchers, if you cancel 30 days or more after the courses are re-opened your playmoregolf voucher will not be transferred to lastminutegolf.
CONDITIONAL ACCESS (Practice Mid-Week Range membership) CLIP O
- Practice Mid-Week will entitle the member to access World of Golf, Golf Village Gilloolys and Golf Village Centurion only. (No Western Cape and no KZN)
- Practice Mid-Week members will be able to access the above practice facilities Monday – Friday from Open time to 14h00 and no public holidays.
- Practice Mid-Week Range membership pricing is subject to change given 30 days notification.
- Practice Mid-Week Range membership is subject to a member having an active PMG1, PMG2, PMG3 or PMG4 main membership.
- Practice Mid-Week Range membership cannot be suspended. In the event the main membership is suspended this clip on will be cancelled.
- When the main membership is re-activated one has the option to re-activate the clip on at the prevailing price, if it is being made available at this time, irrespective of the price paid prior to the main membership suspension.
- playmoregolf, reserves the right to withdraw the complimentary Practice Mid-Week clip on at any time giving 30 days written notice.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS (playmoregolf)
- Each player must produce either their driver’s licence or SA ID book at the golf course. Passports are also a valid form of identification.
- The player who made the booking must produce a printed / paper copy of the e-ticket at the golf course
- Electronic e-tickets will not be accepted and failure to produce an e-ticket or identification of all players will result in players being refused access to their tee time.
- A Free Round no-show is where a booking was made and paid for by use of a free round.
- No-shows will be charged at R200 per player per round. (this price is subject to change)
- The Membership will be suspended until the no-show fee has been paid.
- Three (3) no-shows in any twelve (12) consecutive months will result in the membership being cancelled.
- Free Rounds may be used for Sunday golf.
- Free Rounds may not be used for special golf days organised by playmoregolf at its own discretion.
- Where carts are booked, the driver must be over 18 years and hold a valid driver’s license.
GOLF CLUB MEMBERSHIP
- I agree to abide by the individual Terms & Conditions, Rules & Regulations of the Golf Club to which I am affiliated (as specified above).
- These Terms & Conditions, Ru
- les & Regulations are subject to change and are available from the Golf Club to which I am affiliated
- Re-activation of a suspended membership will carry a fee.